The DOOS Data and Cyberinfrastructure Task Team will promote open access to deep ocean data and information products to support science and societal needs by:
- promoting and fostering FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable) practices for deep sea data, both current and historic, particularly for data necessary to address DOOS priority processes and phenomena.
- promoting GOOS data and information product recommendations and Framework for Ocean Observation within the DOOS observatory operator community.
- identifying, evaluating, adopting and recommending appropriate best practices, standards for data and metadata, and technologies for deep ocean data, particularly where deep ocean data has unique or distinct requirements.
- documenting the state of deep ocean data preservation and access, and identifying gaps, and particularly assessing GOOS/DOOS EOV data availability.
- fostering capacity building and knowledge transfer for deep ocean data and information management globally, particularly where deep ocean data has unique or distinct requirements.
- assist the science teams in identifying users of deep ocean EOV data, and their requirements and priorities.
- developing feedback mechanisms from data users to collectors and stewards of deep ocean data
Download Printer Friendly Version.